Thursday, July 02, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

We're leaving for Victoria, BC tomorrow. Strange to be celebrating the Fourth of July weekend in another country. No fireworks, but maybe someone will have some leftover Canada Day confetti we can throw at each other on Saturday.

I'll update from the road, hopefully with pictures after I bribe J to learn how to upload them to my laptop.

Thumbs-up: The Hangover, lavender shortbread (I may visit the lavender farm from which I got the recipe), J's fabulous parents who are watching Daisy, the Twilight Zone marathon on SciFi this weekend, and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, which I CAN NOT WAIT to read on the plane. (The Booklist reviewer said--somewhat disdainfully, "What's next? Wuthering Heights and Werewolves?" To which I reply, "PLEASE, YES! I would TOTALLY READ THAT!" Because it would be FUNNY.)

Thumbs-down to whatever killed the baby Cardinals in our lilac shrub. Jerk! And also to all the gray hair springing up on my head. Seriously gray hair: WTF? Cease and desist immediately! Be brown, dammit! Be brown!!!!!

In closing, don't hold the cherry bomb after you light the fuse, don't run with sparklers, and stand AWAY from the Roman Candles. Oh, and watery, warm potato salad. Stand away from that, too. And don't put it in your belly.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    I totally think werewolves are the next big thing after zombies crumble to dust.
    Sorry about your cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun trip and the book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies sounds like it would be a fun airplane read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder...Zombie werewolves? And there's nothing like throwing left over confetti in Canada for Fourth of July.

    ReplyDelete