Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's Official!!!!!!!!!


I just accepted an offer from HarperCollins to publish Riding with Larry Resnick. I don't know much more at this point, but it looks like we're doing hardcover followed by trade paperback later. I'm soooo thrilled! It still doesn't seem real to me. I am awed, humbled, and somewhat wigged out to be published by the house that's published Mark Twain, John F. Kennedy, and Martin Luther King. (And so many other fabulous authors like Barbara Kingsolver, Michael Chabon, Lemony Snicket ... And we can't forget Emeril! BAM!) Thanks to everyone who believed in me and read early versions of the manuscript, and thanks to my friends, coworkers, and family who've had to put up with my angst and exuberance for the last few weeks!

I'm sure the next few months will be crazy, and I have lots to learn, but I'm sooooo looking forward to it all. I'm a little freaked out about the concept of my thoughts being "out there" for all to see (I wonder what Grandma will think about the Rip VanGina), but that was the goal! Tonight we're going to celebrate by seeing the popcorn flick o-the season. (The first of the many, MANY movies I hope to see between now and New Years while I still have "some" time.)

PS: And I LOVE my new editor!!!! She's terrific and I'm really excited (and lucky!) to work with her.

PPS: Please excuse my exclamation points. I'm sitting at the computer but in my head I'm leaping about the room. I've got a raging case of newbie authoritis, and it feels faaaaaahhn-tastic.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:35 PM

    CONGRATS JESS I,M SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU. I REALLY ENJOY YOUR BLOG.
    YOU MAKE ME LAUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! That's so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jess! I'm sooooo green with envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS, Jess, that's wonderful news! What a stunner of a way to finish 2006!! Let the champagne REALLY flow on NYE :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you!!!! I'll be uncorking the wine shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:46 PM

    I'm gonna need one signed! :)

    don't forget there exists a book jacket picture that involves you and a cigar =P

    pic4u :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. God.

    I'm still laughing.

    Destroy that picture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete