Thursday, July 31, 2008

Notes from San Fran

So here I am in sunny San Francisco. My original flight here was cancelled, and after being rebooked and rerouted and shuffled and herded along, I finally arrived seven hours late. Unfortunately, my luggage didn't make it for another day, but I was relieved that it actually did show up eventually. (I was lying in bed early Wednesday morning mentally composing a rage-filled post about my airline, but the sight of my clothing and camera and shoes and hygiene accoutrements diffused that emotion somewhat.) The bags under my eyes showed up on schedule, though, so it's good to know you can count on some things.

I have photos to upload and more stories to tell, but the best thing about this trip so far has been getting to meet the rest of the Debs: Lisa Daily, Jenny Gardiner, and Danielle Younge-Ullman, whose fabulous book Falling Under was just released on Tuesday. (More on that later--a truly, truly excellent novel.)

Overheard at the literacy signing last night: "fun-loving vagina."

Read on one of the first few pages in a free book I received upon registering for the conference: "genital restraint."

You just have to love it.

More soon~~

8 comments:

  1. Jess, Finally read your book while in Maine on vacation. IT IS GREAT!!!! I LOVED IT!!!! Just wanted to let you know I am looking forward to the next one. No pressure or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time in San Fran especially with the other Debs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fun-loving vagina?" Makes me wonder about those who didn't get the rave reviews from the critic. "Oh, don't bother with Cheryl, she truly has a sour-puss vagina", or perhaps a "boring-lethargic vagina."

    Now it makes me think I'll ask the hubs, "if you could describe my genitalia, how would you describe it?" If he knows what's good for him there better be "fun-loving" somewhere in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Sorry you had so many problems with your flight, but I'm so glad you made it to the conference. It was fun to meet up with you again! Have a safe trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With reading like that, clearly this will be an interesting trip! Who needs luggage when you've got material like that to ponder???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soon there will be guiness records for most flight connections made without a miss...nobody will be on it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Picked up your book at my local Target--it was the last one!

    ReplyDelete