Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring State of Mind

My right ovary feels weird.

Now there's a sentence you will never hear a man saying, even if you substitute "ball" for "ovary."

Still, it is not preventing me from enjoying the balmy, HIGHLY unseasonably warm weather we've had the last few days. I am jonesing for spring the way Andrew Zimmern joneses for a still-beating animal heart to consume on television.

Since I'm all in a spring state of mind and feeling a bit better, I am looking forward to actually leaving the house once in awhile to participate in entertaining events. Unfortunately, the two most-wanted activities on my List O'Fun have been thwarted: A Prairie Home Companion at the Fox Cities PAC, and Flight of the Conchords in Milwaukee.

SOLD OUT!

Urgh. I feel like a Jeopardy contestant with a lazy thumb. (Damn you speedy ticket buyers!!) I did find a few sites where I could buy tickets for the Flight show at massively inflated prices, but didn't those a-holes get the memo that the economy is in the shitter? So, instead we're going to Whad'ya Know ("Not much! You?") with Michael Feldman on March 28. Five bucks a ticket. I'll try to get on the show, so listen in!!

I also get to spend this weekend with my nephew, who is more fun than a barrel of gravy-scented wombats. He will probably kick me in the shins if I still can't play horsey-ride-on-the-knee with him by then, so fingers crossed I escape his adorable, disappointed wrath.

Heal little ovary, heal! Stay AWAY from the light!

While my lady bits are healing, I will continue to meet with awesome book clubs like the one below. (I am the sickly-looking one in the middle.)



10 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. It's weird when body parts are removed. I sort of wanted to keep all of mine...but it wasn't to be.

    Funny, I am a director of a Performing Arts Center and today, really, today contacted the presenting company to see about getting Garrison out to Vegas to our College. I am sure he is way out of our price range, but I will hope!

    Take care....and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO GLAD to hear that you are starting to feel better! Hope you continue to improve rapidly. And yeah, the spring weather is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I FINALLY got your book and can't wait to start reading.
    2. I've been there on the ef'd up ovary issue. For me, it took some serious time, like a month, at least, to kind of start feeling normal. Hope your back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for picking up the book, BT! Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:36 AM

    So did I ever tell you about the time I went to Whaddaya Know? Probably not, as it was lovely, but in like 1999 and not overly exciting. I was dismayed by the size of the audience, I REALLY wanted to do the quiz too, but alas, it was not to be. Have fun! We got Joel McHale tickets for April, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:12 AM

    I heard PHC sold out wicked fast, so don't blame your thumb. Hope to hear you with Michael, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prairie Home Companion tickets always sell out in a matter of minutes. They're like the Cabbage Patch dolls of public radio. I've never figured out what Michael Feldmann has against Garrison Keillor, but now that I "know" that Whaddaya Know tix are only $5, and PHC tickets sell out in minutes, I guess I've figured it out...and how much do I like Whaddaya Know? (in comparison to PHC?)--not much, you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great for being "the sickly one in the middle"! Hope you are on the mend soon.
    We saw "Whaddya Know" a few years ago (and when I say "a few", I guess I mean 8) in Iowa City. I liked it- it was a fairly big crowd. I think I'd rather see "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" and I know I'd much rather see PHC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I heart Conchords. I also heart Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me. I think if I lived where you live, I'd make the trip to Chicago to see them. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Jess... I'm going to have to challenge you on that statement. I actually have said, "My right ball feels weird."

    ReplyDelete